Thursday, December 22, 2005

Cut

What a thrill ---
My thumb instead of an onion.
The top quite gone
Except for a sort of a hinge

Of skin,
A flap like a hat,
Dead white.
Then that red plush.

Little pilgrim,
The Indian's axed your scalp.
Your turkey wattle
Carpet rolls

Straight from the heart.
I step on it,
Clutching my bottle
Of pink fizz.

A celebration, this is.
Out of a gap
A million soldiers run,
Redcoats, every one.

Whose side are they on?
O my
Homunculus, I am ill.
I have taken a pill to kill

The thin
Papery feeling.
Saboteur,
Kamikaze man ---

The stain on your
Gauze Ku Klux Klan
Babushka
Darkens and tarnishes and when

The balled
Pulp of your heart
Confronts its small
Mill of silence

How you jump ---
Trepanned veteran,
Dirty girl,
Thumb stump.

----

Suicidal but lovely. Plath, all along. Oh, and on another note, I saw King Kong yesterday. It blew me away completely. What a brilliant piece of work. Ooh-rah. And it was very touching towards the end, I almost cried. :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Selma Mirza said...

omg. I cut my finger today while cutting onions too. Silly part being that it made me cry for real :-(

6:57 AM  
Blogger 100hands said...

I ate your Kitchen Knifes™
I ate your Kitchen Knifes™
I ate your Kitchen Knifes™
I ate your Kitchen Knifes™
I ate your Kitchen Knifes™

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King Kong was the first movie I remember seeing as a young child...the original B&W version. I recall sitting in front of the TV with tears flowing for the ape. I was such a bleeding heart even then...I've never been able to watch it since. :)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home