Saturday, December 17, 2005

Shannon Wright

I have discovered a new Goddess. Shannon Wright. Her earlier work was released by Tough & Go, the guys behind THE RACHELS. It all makes sense now. Apple, Amos and Harvey can take a coffeebreak. I was at THE ONE store buying a gift for a friends wedding. I saw this cd with a very simple cover, dark grey type on a white background. I wanted to know what's inside. The friendly sales guy plugged it in. It sounded fantastic. I bought it. One step forward. I am covered. This is gorgeousness. The album is a collaboration effort between Shannon Wright and Yann Tierson (the guy behind the Amelie OST). Driving back after the reception, 4 vodkas down, 200kmph, this sound was too beautiful. It must be the similarity to P J Harvey that's making me feel this way. Music never sounded this good (it did, back in 1999). Now my sensibilities awaken again and I am touched. Its so beautiful to hear a new sound. So real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home