Sunday, December 18, 2005

So...

...I saw another set of films at the film fest. Firstly, "Sringaram" (Dance of love) on Tuesday. I have no words for this piece of junk they call a film. The performances, the storyline, the music, the photography, everything. The female lead, Aditi Rao Hydari, I must say is gorgeous. And she was there at the screening. So, there I am, sitting with Nura completely blown away by this goddess. Dont remind me. I am trying to get over her. :) They had a shortfilm called "Reflections" before that. And it had top South Indian filmstar Mohanlal in it. I dont know what anyone on the set was thinking when they made this. Absolute garbage, for lack of a better word.

Then I went for Wong Kar Wai's secret sequel to "In the mood for love". Tony Cheung, as Mr. Chow again. But this time a more flamboyant character - a ladies man, totally. The visuals and the music were brilliant. But I somehow seemed to miss the storyline. I have, in the past, liked movies sans plot. Tarkovsky's "The Mirror" is only visuals and dream sequences. Very little plot. But I consider it genius. Its just the touch.

Then there was "Kosovo: the hand of friendship" and "The wretched life of Juanita Narboni". The first one's a documentary on the UAE helping Kosovo from the war. Sheikh Zayed and all. Very touching, some of the images. But all in all, it was just average. Nothing spectacular. Bad typography is something that puts me off completely. The latter had some good performances but I slept for about twenty minutes. Erm.

And, ps, I dont write film reviews for a living. So, spare me. I am just a little man with a few things to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home