Thursday, March 03, 2005

Tears in the dirt

When it comes to memories, music holds the knife. And my back is ready to take the stab. When I started listening to Steely Dan's "The Royal Scam" today, I was taken back to the times Bijoy and me drove around in his palio with his iPod blasting. Every hook and lick was so precious. It tasted so sweet. As I sit here at my posh corporate art directors G5 desk, I feel so alone, so disconnected. Like everything is so faraway. Well, it is, I know. Ah, well. Then it was Porcupine Tree. I remembered my friends and me sitting in 303, dimly lit, the smoke of the weed inside our pipes and the sound of porcupine tree reverberating in our black-tangled hearts. So many laughs, so many jokes. Now I am alone. My tears are in the dirt. Jp, Rajan, Sachin, Prakki, tell me you love me. Tad emotional eh? I know. I miss "you" too.

3 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

You know I do. Dinner and a shag, anytime. ;)

8:51 PM  
Blogger 100hands said...

you guys are 60tonne angels. lets meet in ulsoor, manjunatha bar 7ish?

12:20 AM  
Blogger the.ODDball said...

Days that weigh their length in gold. Unforgettable and irrevocable. The clock ran slower, and every minute lingered long enough to sculpt its own serial number in the back of your mind. Almost feels like a past life, doesn't it?

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home