Monday, September 18, 2006

Celebration Park

So, I spent almost 5 hours at the Tate Modern yesterday. I saw both the Kandinsky and the Huyghe exhibitions. Dont hate me but I wasn't big on Wassily Kandinsky. But, man, I was blown away by the madness of Pierre Huyghes's "Celebration Park". It was filled with abstract neon signs that he calls "disclaimers" like "I do not own Tate Modern or Death Star" and also had these 3 bizarre films and various other installations. The film "This is not a time for dreaming" was the one that impressed me the most. It illustrated the conflict between Harvard and Le Corbusier with the use of puppets. You can go see it here. Click on the "Broadband flash interactive" link and you can see everything. Enjoy. Unfortunately (or fortunately for me) yesterday was the last day of this exhibition. Anyway, I saw it. I am happy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home