Friday, March 24, 2006

Emotion Sickness

I picked this up from JP.

The instructions were: List ten musical artists that you like, and then go answer the questions.
And as JP said, note, these are not my 'top 10' artists, although some of them might be. Just ten artists I like and know a bit about.

1. Fiona Apple
2. Gomez
3. Alice in Chains
4. Radiohead
5. Soundgarden
6. Rachels
7. Silverchair
8. Erik Truffaz
9. Nirvana
10. Tori Amos

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Lloyd's register.

What is your favourite album of 8?
At the moment, "bending new corners". Anyone who can make a trumpet sound like car tyres screeching is a hero in my books. :)

What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
Limo wreck. Was listening to "Superunknown" today. So.

Under the red
Break of the lights
Heroes in stretches
Inch to the site
Blowing the pieces
Belong to the wind
When the whole thing
Blows away
I won’t pretend

How many times have you seen 4 live?
Once. November 1997. Cardiff. Thom was about 10 feet away from me. I could smell his brain frying.

What's your favourite song of 7?
Definitely "Emotion sickness". I remember those days, the red bulb, the smoke, the wasted years of forgotten joy. Remember, JP?

What is a good memory you have concerning the music of 10?
On the highway, singing "Wednesday" as loud as I could. People passing by, thinking I've gone mad.

Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
Most of it. But definitely "No Excuses" unplugged. When Cantrell sings "you my friend, I will defend, and if we change, well i love you anyway", the camera closes in on him and I can almost see a tear in his eyes as he watches Staley drift away.

What is your favourite lyric that 2 has sung?
"Flavours" hit the spot.

There was a red light coughin' up a room of blood
And there were forecast seven inches of snow
And there were two tunes playing in my head at once
Arguing guitar and drums
There was a lover standing by her bed
With a cigarette burning on her hand
And there were moonbeams playing on her porcelain flesh
A capi ero alousca

What is your favourite song by 9?
Either "Milk it" or "On a plain".

How did you get into 3?
I saw the video for "Heaven beside you" on MTV back in 1994 and I wanted to hear more. So I went and bought their last album - codenamed "Tripod". So, I worked my way backwards. It was a big step for me, jumping from J.J.Cale to Alice in Chains. When I heard "Dirt" I felt there never could be a better band, ever. That's probably still true. I will forever miss Layne. :(

What was the first song you heard by 1?
"Sleep to dream".

What's your favourite song by 4?
"Like spinning plates" (live).

How many times have you seen 9 live?
Never.

What is a good memory you have concerning 2?
Will always remember hearing "We haven't turned around" in "American Beauty" and wondering there is so much left to discover. And I felt so happy.

Is there a song of 8 that makes you sad?
No.

What is your favourite song of 1?
Waltz. Its amazing how 1920's those horns sound.

1 Comments:

Blogger poonam said...

lovely :)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home