Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions, '06 (what they should really be)

to abandon yearning for the body
to be unquiet
to be visible to oneself
to become endlessly what one has been
to cross the field without breaking the snow
to enter into itself and to stay awake
to expose ourselves to whatever may happen
to forget once having known it
to hide, safeguard, entrust to a protected place
to know not only what is, but the other of what is
to know that the great bell is the great bell

----

Carolyn Forche, from "On Earth", in Blue Hour.
(Thanks for that, e)

6 Comments:

Blogger mysfit said...

thank you - i need to hold these words in heart all year and only let them go when it's time to fulfill them - thank you for giving them to me...

8:27 AM  
Blogger Abha Malpani said...

Beautiful I must say; deep yet simple. And a post I completely understand on your blog! :)

Don't mean to be rude, but as much I'd like to understand every poem/piece(not only yours)I usually struggle.

12:13 PM  
Blogger 100hands said...

They normally have pink toes. :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger JP said...

It doesn't matter if we all die.

8:33 PM  
Blogger . said...

I doubt we have an option there.

Yes, I think I shall live forever.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't discovered this...do. Singing Moon What a treasure.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home