Sunday, November 20, 2005

Switch opens

Thanks JP for tagging me. I can "livestrong" now.

10 years: November 1995.

Hmm, the golden years. It was the beginning of the best 5 years of my life. Atleast till now. I hope this is not as good as it gets. I met Aparna in August 1995. November 1995 I had a little party at my flat B33 in Indranagar. I hadnt still discovered alcohol so I knew how to enjoy life without a support system. Innocence, truly. JP, Virat, Arun, Madhur, Sachin, Nester & Nelson, Sujit, Nandita, Aparna, Devendra... yeah, there were so many of us. I remember introducing Dave Mathews Band "Under the table and dreaming". A fantastic new sound, then. Aparna gave me this book on The Doors and I remember holding her hand while she flipped through the pages. I better stop now, I might start crying. :(

5 years ago: November 2000.

Erm, nothing exciting. I had just moved back to Dubai after a year lost (gained?) in sex, drugs and rock n roll. 1999 was the year of if... and my parents werent too excited about the way I was living my life (if being the middle word of life and all). So I was back in Dubai working with a recording studio and managing an artiste called Sukhbir. I had fun at the studio. I had three pretty girl hifen friends. One of them now is a hotshot model in Mumbai after becoming Miss India Earth and all. I lived with my parents and had also met Ameeta by then with whom I had my shortest relationship ever.

1 year ago: November 2004.

I was in Bangalore. Spent a whole year in India - 6 months in Mumbai, 6 months in Bangalore. I cut my birthday cake in my brothers office, Hundredhands. It was a pleasant day. I also took the office people to Hypnose. It was fun. I was going out with a girl from my brothers office. She was very sweet and I will always smile when I think of her. I remember her asking the DJ to play Jamiroquai's "Blow your mind". We had fun, danced, drank, dot dot dot. I also remember accepting the job with Ogilvy Dubai and getting ready to come back.

Yesterday.

I just got back from Bangalore and was in bed all day. Slight virus attack.

5 yummy things.

Chicken Tikka Masala,
Cola pop at casa's,
Sweet lassi at papa pancho's,
Bhel puri at kartiks and
Bailey's.

5 songs i know by heart.

Nirvana's "Dumb" (remember singing this on the bike, JP?),
Alice in Chains' "Rooster",
Radiohead's "No surprises",
Salif Keita's "Madan" (An african song - I dont have a clue what he sings but I know it all by heart) and
Fiona Apples "Criminal"

5 things i would do with a lot of money.

Buy some land in the Fiji Islands and get Bijoy to design a house for me,
Buy a Porsche Cayman,
Buy lots and lots of equipment for Hundredhands ie G5's, 65 Autocad licenses, books on architecture, etc etc. (Bijoy deserves it),
Buy a nice house in about 5 states in India so that my parents can live where they want and how they want,
Buy a grand piano and a studio with lots of equipment so I can record with musicians from all over the world.

5 places to escape to.

Coorg,
My mothers arms,
Himachal Pradesh,
Antwerp and
Those cabin houses in Finland.

5 things i'd never wear.

A Tuxedo,
A pink shirt,
Baggy jeans,
Those small tight swimming trunks (yuck!),
Mink.

5 favorite films (instead of TV shows).

Tarkovsky's Solaris,
Scorsese's Taxi Driver,
Kurosawa's Ran,
Kubrick's A clockwork orange and
Woody Allen's Annie Hall.

5 things i enjoy doing.

Listening to music,
Driving,
Composing music (the moment I crack the structure of a song - its better than sex, really),
Watching films and
Writing poetry.

Favorite toys:

My TT,
My little iPod shuffle,
My Ti book (uff, cant think of anymore right now).

----

Goodnight, sweet dreams.

3 Comments:

Blogger poonam said...

nice! :)
has 'livestrong' anything to do with those 30 rupee bands that 'dudes' wear in bombay now?

and hey whats with the virus...take care!

10:25 AM  
Blogger 100hands said...

re: livestrong. yes. i had one when i was in india. i liked that yellow on my wrist. draco kept pulling it and shouting "he is wearing a rubberband" and then he spilt his wine on his pants. :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger JP said...

Yea, composing songs was always more fun than sex!

Or maybe we just kept sleeping with the wrong girls?

Nah, music's just more fun...

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home