Saturday, December 18, 2004

Eternal Sunshine of Muhammad Ali's mind

So I finally saw "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and it truly blew me away. Someone should insert wires into Kaufmans head. Great performances from Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. Its interesting to see Kaufmans take on the brain, part 3 (being john malkovich and adaptation being parts 1 and 2). Go watch it if you havent already.

I had a very strange dream last night of Muhammad Ali. I have met the guy when I was in school and I even have a photo of him and my brother acting like they were boxing. In the dream, I see him walking into the lounge of a hotel and strangely, he recognises me and comes and says hello and also allows me full access to his palatial residence. Bijoy (my brother) and me get to see one of the most unbelievable houses ever. Its hard to describe, but when we enter the living room, there is an option to convert that whole scenario into a pool and how does that happen? Well, the living room walls and floors fade out and the swimming pool fades in. Too much Kaufman? I think so too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Murphy said...

Loved that movie. Was pleasantly surprised at Carey's performance. It's just the kind you watch and then sit back and do nothing for a while, think of nothing to let the aftertaste permeate in.
Being in love is .. to quote Kafka from his diaries, " perfect and painful magic."

8:07 AM  
Blogger Murphy said...

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from
where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or
pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

that this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pretty, no ?

8:16 AM  
Blogger 100hands said...

Very. Purely meditteranea. An utopia untouched...

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home