Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm opening the door to a cathedral. Its one a.m. A tubelight flickers. The sky is black but the greyness of the clouds make it darker, somehow. The moon sits quietly behind the clouds. There is the faint sound of a gypsy tribe nearby. On their journey to another village. The sound of a flute in the distance. Its so dark. The chill of night frightens me. I light a cigarette. I have still not entered the church. I am scared. I dont want to be alone. The glockenspiel sounds strangely off-key. I am on the interior and the exterior. A lone dog passes and disappears as it walks into the bushes, into the night. I feel safe, again.

----

The images in my head as I listen to Aphex Twin's "Curtains" from "Selected ambient works". I am there. Go there. Its beautiful at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home