Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Being Osama

So, we had the third screening at the XVA Club. Because of a lot of publicity, we had a lot of people. I think there were atleast 60-70 people in that space. I had front row seats and I was with my two lovely angels. My third angel is sitting in London. :(

Generally, it was a great vibe. Lots of interesting people. Never thought Dubai had all these people hiding in their artnests... waiting to come out. The film was a documentary called BEING OSAMA by an American/Arab guy called Mahmoud Kabbour. It was really good. I enjoyed it completely. It spoke of the lives of 6 Canadian Arabs who were cursed with the name Osama and the troubles they go through in life because of that. The music was very interestingly interspersed with the film and lent itself very well to the narrative. Good work. So, I am expecting many people next week for "Amores Perros". Hopefully, when Christa is here, "C" (our band) can do a set there of about 4-5 songs. No, Christa?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got the cool shoeshine?

5:22 PM  
Blogger 100hands said...

...she says as I watch the words fly over my head. :)

1:19 AM  
Blogger शक्ती said...

when and what time is the next screening? is there a mailing list for updates? want to come.

2:45 AM  
Blogger 100hands said...

Write to xva@xvagallery.com and request to be on the mailing list. Its on!

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a Gorillaz tune about choosing music. Sorry - it was in my head...and well, you know how it goes.

7:42 AM  
Blogger JP said...

You say you came from heaven, but I know that's not the truth.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Carmenisacat said...

Being Osama.

Check into K Silem Mohamed, originator of Flarf. He won't answer me when I ask him why he goes by Kasey instead of:

Kassem
Assem
Osama.

Duh.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home