Sunday, March 20, 2005

Powder Blue and Timestretched

Today is lyrics day. Aren't these so pretty. Uff.

----

Your eyes are just like black spiders Your hair and dress in ribbons. Babycakes In despair or incoherent. Nothing in between China white, my bride tonight Smiling on the tiles Bring that minute back We never get so close as when the sunward flight begins I share it all with you Powder blue Stumble through the crowds together They're trying to ignore us. That's o.k. I'm proud to be the one you hold when the shakes begin Sallow skinned, starry eyed, blessed In our sin Bring that minute back We never get so close to death Makes you so alive I share it all with you Powder blue.
-Elbow

There's not enough hours in the day To say all that I want to say There's not enough days in the week And weeks go by quicker than drunks knock back liquor There's not enough weeks in the month To do all that needs to be done There's not enough months in the year And years disappear like the bubbles in my beer Timestretched There's not enough lines on the stave To capture the music I crave There's not enough strings to my bow And even the barmen know extracts from Carmen There's not enough notes in this scaleIt feels like I'm chasing my tail There's not enough beats in the bar And bars get too busy with folks asking "is he??"
- The Divine Comedy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home