Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hope

Brothers words on an orphanage he just completed. I think I want to be an architect. Look at the scale and look at what I am doing. Selling pasta and designing restaurant menus :(

Hope looks good (could be better), but I feel some satisfaction. Suni was with me when we fixed on the colors and that is really adding to the building’s aesthetic pluses. The event yesterday was really something. I got a shawl put on my shoulders by the main donor in true tamilian style. The family and the church members all loved the building and appreciated its careful modulations with respect to climate and cost. I am feeling very proud right now. It was good to see so many people in MY building yesterday (using the loo, turning on the fans, opening the windows, climbing the stairs...etc.) A unique sensation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home